Roles and Responsibilities:
Obstetrics Specialized Roles
- Understands, supports and promotes the mission, vision and values of Organization.
- Provides age appropriate patient care according to the Nursing Scope of Practice as defined by the regulatory body.
- Adheres to and promotes the Professional Nurses Code of Conduct for Abu Dhabi.
- Promotion of health and delivery of health education.
- Ensuring the provision of optimum clinical care, customer satisfaction and patient safety.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Demonstrates competence with postnatal examinations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence of the prevention of Venous Thrombo – Embolism (VTE)
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the prevention of surgical site infections.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the education and support of breastfeeding mothers
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in the recognition and management of babies with neonatal jaundice.
- Demonstrates competence in the administration of vaccinations to newborn babies
- Demonstrates competence with newborn screening procedures including hearing screens, congenital heart disease screening and the newborn disease screening program.
- Bachelor degree in nursing
- Valid license to practice
- BLS Certification
- International accreditation experience
Not less than 2 years’ clinical experience in an tertiary healthcare facility.
Apply for Staff Nurse / Mother & Baby Wing