The Colorectal Surgery Division at SSMC offers state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies, advanced treatment options, and minimally invasive procedures for all common and complex colon, rectal and anal conditions.
Our team of American and European board-certified surgeons, who collaborate with different departments and specialties to provide multidisciplinary patient-centered care, from admission to treatment and recovery, providing you with specialized services of international standards, close to home.
Why choose SSMC?
Our multidisciplinary team of colorectal surgeons, gastroenterologists, oncologists, radiologists, physiotherapists, specialist nurses, are highly skilled at treating complex conditions by applying the latest technologies and advanced techniques.
As one of the only three centers in the UAE to offer robotic-assisted colorectal surgery, Hyperthermic Intraoperative Peritoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) (HIPEC), and AI-led GI Genius technology, we provide accurate diagnostic results and the latest treatments.
We also pride ourselves in offering our female patients a comfortable experience by having an exceptionally skilled multispecialty female-only team.
Areas of expertise
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery for colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease conditions
- Advanced multidisciplinary treatment for rectal cancer including total neoadjuvant therapy, robotic proctectomy, and organ preservation
Unique cases at SSMC
- We are specialized in treating rare and complex conditions such as Lynch syndrome, also known as Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC), and other inherited cancer syndromes
- Our highly skilled experts can perform Hyperthermic Intraoperative Peritoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC), a unique and advanced treatment for cancers originating in the abdominal area
- Our surgeries are performed using the Da Vinci robotic surgical system which allows higher precision, improved outcomes, and shorter recovery period for the treatment of colorectal conditions